20200508

Louise Landes Levi


if you are in space,

    & 
      I am your lover,
how to touch you, how to
   admit or deny you, if

you are in space, & I am
   your lover, see the

 blossoms fall, how they
    fall, in water in air, on
       earth, we are

falling, earth is falling, moon
  is falling, we do not speak

     or sing, I follow you, in 
  the moon's shadow, if you 
    you are, space I am your
       
            lover.


ii

       It is the pain
  in the entrails, the pain
which divided us, which drew
   me to you, which filled
       my horizons, w. 

purple w. gold, suddenly, af-
     ter the blank white, I

          drew again
in
   the darkness, I perceived
     the light, 
                 of
                      love.


iii

             Inappropriate
   the microbe, w. its eschatological
message, who released the venom, 
   can we know, is it not an eruption
      of deepest, nature, what

  we do not know, do not divide this
fr. the divinity, it's message is very
            very
                    clear.


iv

you remember, I am looking
    for you, as if, in the 

    dimension of musical en-
   counter, we vowed to meet
     in this birth 
                  & 
                   yet,

& yet, how difficult, I do
   not know the words
       the shape, the
           wordless,
 the fragment, I see steal
   & not corona I see
     walls, no greater

than my mind, as I seek
   the boundless, as
            slowly, I 
           recognize

              you.


v

    It was not a simple
 meeting, for months, we
hesitated finally the meeting
     took place, & yet, 

your inflamed presence,
    did deny / I did try

to explain, my weak, my 
   fragile, I cld. not,

you did try, to extend,
   a single ornament
      & cld. not, &

so we parted, to meet
    again, at whose
   appointed hour, in
time or timeless, the sac-
   red note, we knew,


vi

   New  crown, the fragile
leaf, strengthens, summer 
  overtook, the roots of
     Spring, you were

nearer & I, your lover, in
    space, & I your
    mother in time,


  your daughter in music,
   in seed or somnolence

      in dream, your
  music, your mother, your
      

lover your kin.    Kyoto 2020.
 


                 VAJRADHARA
 
             sheds his raiment, you
           look into the mirror  but no 
                     one
                              is
                                    there,

              &   the leaves are greener ..

               CHAKRASAMBHAVA
       extinguishes the darkness of, dawn
           is a mudra you have learned
                in
                    the
                         dance, O
              

                          DHARMADAYA
                 of extinction, the melody is
                    distinct &yet you sing, 
                         that
                                the
                                       green,
                        that
                                the
                                     gold.


new moon NYC
 


subject:     jitensha  (bicycle)


Hi Cralan, here in KYOTO, it's empty --& I
      am riding,  empty streets, full moon

  & I am riding, Lady Murasaka passes by,
      she says, don't give up/ the court is

  problematic, don't give up, the kimonos, are
        drying, but there is no sun, don't

  give up, the rice fields, have perished, don't
      give up, Lady Murasaki knows I have
      written a comic in her honor, she
            embraces me lightly, don't
                  give up   / I have

just written this, do you mind if I publish
            it, as a poem... / fr. an email. x LL



Louise Landes Levi, poet & musician, traveller & translator,currently in KYOTO, blocked 'on tour' in the ancient city, well sheltered & still inspired tho even temples 'closed'. this is the city where Lady Murasaki wrote the first great novel, ( 10th century) & its characters are here still.

forthcoming: Tower 2/TARA;dc x,
Where I Stand in Angel,
RASA, by Rene Daumal,
translated by LLL, 3rd. edition, Cool Grove Press. NYC,
& Mad Song (LP), Oaken Palace, Luton. UK
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home