20200529

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal


Feeding Her Hunger

In my dream she swallowed me
whole. She confused me with
her breakfast, dipping me in
her coffee like a croissant that
needed moistening. She must
have been stoned. I must have
been shrunk to a miniature size.
If she did it by mistake, it would
please my heart to know so. I
would even forgive her if she tore
my limbs apart and cooked them
in a pan to feed her hunger. It
was just a dream after all.




Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal lives in California and works in Los Angeles. His poems have appeared in Blue Collar Review, Mad Swirl, Otoliths, Unlikely Stories, and ZYX.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 


1 Comments:

Blogger Susan E. Gangel said...

love this--tight yet loose--imagery works for me!
susan gangel

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home