20200721

Paul Pfleuger, Jr.


Hot Rock & Alternative

#5
City of angels, where I have my fun
Here we go now, where they don't deserve you
We still young, there's so much we haven't done
Bang, bang, bang, you're the best I ever had
Knew this would happen, still hard to believe
Young people fall in love, we're alright, babe
I like your style, fuck me like a rockstar
A little Hennessy, it might be good
I'll take some from you tonight, mmh, ah, yeah
Need you now, I don't wanna fall asleep
Up, down, all night, move for me, dance for me
So romantic, I don't wanna seem it
Treat this night like it'll happen again
I'm way too young and I got everything



#9
I'm up to something, I'm a lonely bitch
Thinking I'ma dive into the mosh pit
You with me, taking goofy videos
I'm chasin' and facin', I’m just dreamin'
Things are starting to get heavy, oh no
Take your hands, your handprints in wet cement
Don't wanna panic, tell my sins to go
I know that you've been praying for my health
Thought I could fly, but I might miss the flight
I’m out there drinkin', but I don't know why
Just one more time, been a hell of a ride
My level of concern, on a trip, babe,
It's funny how a memory, it stays
Be mine, getting married, I can taste it



#10
To anyone who might care, here we go
My boogie, it still stays restless as fuck
You see, I have been dancin’ my whole life
But you know running wild turns volatile
In a cop car, probably deserve it
I wonder if you’d be my quarantine
I'm way too young to lie here forever
I'm ready to die now holding your hand
Jump into my arms, no, don't do fake love
Oh, fuck me like you've been lonely tonight
Cuddle in your sheets, sing me sound asleep
Like I'm not just somebody's daughter
Can't help but want to see you naked
Romantic like grandparents with a bang



Hot Country

#2
Somehow love keeps giving me lemons
There’s my first one today, there stands the glass
Been chasing you like a shot of whiskey
Sipped a little shine from a paper sack
Sippin' on a frozen drink, been thinkin'
I’m an underachieving average Joe
Yeah, life sure can try to put love through it
Hope you're happy, I ain't got nothing left
You've got a cold heart and the cold hard truth
And I hope he cheats like you did on me
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and hat
I wanna say it now and make it clear
Singing about a girl I used to know
I'm okay, got a wildcard up my sleeve



#3
My mama's first Bible, I never felt more
You know I turn pages all the time
Still doing now what I was doing then
It will ease all my pain, tell everyone
A light on in my soul, we'll be alright
Tell your friends we built this right
Know why we call the present the present?
I saw your mama at church today
Believe my favorite place to be is here
Standing here forever, the house don't fall
Singing 'bout God, we ain't feelin' no pain
And that might not mean too much to you, friend
I hope you find what you were looking for
We sing for everyone and God to hear



Hot R&B/Hip-Hop

#3
My boo, close your eyes and let your feels go
I'm sayin' either way we 'bout to slide
Ain't nobody watchin', so go crazy
Others loved you, but this pleasure is mine
Come feel some real ass, baby, here's your chance
I wanna start at the top and bottom
Ahh, woah, I let it clap for a nigga
Don't need no hands or pants to do our dance
One, two, three, let's go, love the way we move
Boy, I hypnotize you with this pussy
I'm never lackin', it's already wet
I’ll suck a nigga soul let me tell you
I need a mop to clean, it's too much drip
I can't describe that dick make my soul smile



#8
Always keep my words, I don't do crosswords
To her crib in the middle of the night
Boo, I love it when we think the same thing
Guarantee the truth'll get revealed
Shawty’s ass clap, she don't need no applause
She throw it back this hot girl with them hips
She call me Crisco 'cause I pop my shit
You know I take her soul when she ridin'
Damn, bust it, watch you do it on a split
And she said that dick make me so damn proud
She a dime, ain't never leavin' my bitch
Girl, I care for you more than my own self
I want us be comfortable now, for real
Basically sayin', I won't let you down



Adult Contemporary

#7
When your lips undress me, hooked on your tongue
Yeah, brown skin and lemon over ice, mmm
And the drinks bring back all the memories
Look at where we ended up, so in love
Know I love ya, did I ever tell ya?
Why try to deny the way that you feel?
Got a feeling too powerful to stop
In your arms, I will be safe in your sound
You know the bones are good, we can't let go
You got a mean touch, I can't refuse
I’m a slave to the way that you move, move
Woo, call my name, I'll be coming for you
Stay put, ooh, just let me adore you
And tomorrow, I'ma find me a ring



#9
Oh, my love, just the sex though, the sex though
Ooh, love, your kiss is deadly, don't stop, don’t
An '80s groove, love with an attitude
Your touch, I can't refuse, I can't refuse
This night, no rest, no rest, it don't matter
In this strawberry lipstick state of mind
Caring about me now, about me now
Love this all or nothing way of loving
Oh, you're making me feel like I'm so loved
Feeling everything gon' be alright
You're my rock, oh, you’re my Colorado
Ooh, you keep me coming, coming for ya
Just know how it feels, would you believe it?
Let's do it one more time, one more time, babe


[The above were all constructed by appropriating song lyrics from various Billboard hit lists for the week of June 20, 2020.]



Originally from Buffalo, New York, Paul Pfleuger, Jr. now lives, writes and teaches in Chiayi, Taiwan. His work has appeared in several anthologies and in print and online journals. He is the former co-editor of R'r online journal and is the author of A Zodiac, a collection released by Red Moon Press in 2013.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home