20190528

Michael J Leach


The Postmodern Human



keep
keep
keep

keep
keep
keep

keep
keep
keep

keep
keep
‘Keep

keep
keep
keep
keep

keep
keep
keep
keep


keep


I
watch on my earthly
-sakes while sipping from my
cup.
I
my whole body to the grindstone,
2 eyes on my bottom line like a book-
-er.
I
fit at night on a gym bike,
abreast of news through tweeters who
on tweeting and retweeting.
I
time on my latest device,
losing touch with natural history.
this up,’
I
thinking, ‘and you’ll
being mistaken for someone who
-s trying to
up with the Trumps.’
I
trying to
my cool on this globe that
-s on warming, resisting by
-ing down my carbon footprint.
I
cannot
up with this sci-fi future.


Michael J Leach is a poet, researcher and statistician with a passion for combining science and art. He works at Bendigo Health and undertakes research through Monash University. Michael’s poems have appeared in scientific journals, including The Mathematical Intelligencer and the Medical Journal of Australia, as well as literary journals, including Cordite Poetry Review and Meniscus Literary Journal. Michael’s poem ‘The Plight of the Adelie Penguin’ is part of the inaugural Antarctic Poetry Exhibition in Antarctica and New Zealand. He lives in his hometown of Bendigo, Australia.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home