20210522

Jack Galmitz


Some Would Say

The elephant shifted in the chair and put down his glass of iced tea. He put his two front feet over his eyes and I could see his chest heaving as he tried to hold back his tears.

“He was such a good friend. He never harmed anything,” he said in a broken voice.

“I found him in a clearing with half his face sawed off. Half his face gone,” and at that he started to cry.

I didn’t know what to say. There was really nothing I could say to comfort him. What could I say?





Jack Galmitz spends his time writing and painting. Recently some of his poems have been published in the journals Alien Buddha Press, Former People, and Synchronized Chaos. He turned 70 years old in the spring and for him this was a great accomplishment. He never thought he'd make it to 60.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home