20210810

Juan Pablo Mobili


Día de los Muertos
		
	What was that you wanted
	Bob Dylan
		

I am in the line for those who applied 
for early reincarnation, my hope is

that volunteering might afford me 
a less burdensome assignment.

It’s raining, and it's cold,
and the line has hardly moved.

I know I’m out of touch with the living
but eager to give flesh a second chance.

I miss those times when I hang 
dearly to my heartbeat.



Juan Pablo Mobili was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and has been an adopted son of New York for many years. His poems appeared in The Worcester Review, The American Journal of Poetry, Mason Street Review, and The Banyan Review, among others. His work has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and the Best of the Net. His chapbook, Contraband, will be published by Poetry Box in April of 2022.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home