20211224

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal


Make it Vanish Alone and November remains in the mirror this December. Lost and the word vanish fills my voice but I keep a lid on it. There is fear in my eyes. She would know if she were here. My one and only is gone. I wish I was younger and wish this was the afternoon. I want to get through the day. I feel like an endangered species. I walk in a forest in flames. I talk myself out of this mood. Alone but not lonely just yet. Everything will be alright. I point my finger at the sun. It is getting late as it goes down. The day is half-decaying. I walk into a better mood out of need. I return to life and into the pouring rain. I smile at my belly fat knowing it will take a lot more walking to make it vanish, to lose enough of it for her to notice the change if she ever returns one fine day.
Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal lives in California and works in Los Angeles. His poems have appeared in Blue Collar Review, Mad Swirl, Otoliths, Unlikely Stories, and ZYX.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home