20220110

J. D. Nelson


cup-cup: the day of the rook

the comber on the box of the news
the boxing wood of the seven

there is room for the bats
unless there is a clothespin

the puzzle bursts
the noun answers

the feet
the truck, bushing

the sky is a robot
not mine



three-brain burger

the pencilled dot
the blue ink

               in jell-o
               a world

my hand in the applesauce
surfing the gouache

I taught the king of lightning
               to be the better egg

I am the salty computer
I am the gainful fish



a trucking cookie

the candid ufo colony
the sweet lemon

the sun is leaking in heaven
I am the frog of the skies

the clear method on the first day
swimming in the lake of mushrooms

I am the sheep of the cloned eye
I am the bacon of the loose coin



the batman of the heart

laking up in a blue world
I am the puppet of the balk

in the port of common abe
I drink a glass of the charged alpha

the western qualm
the poached trance

a piece of cardboard can be a mirror
the pokey cloud of the sandwiches



the gamble of the haiku

the atlantean formula

I do not have the right to land in the air
I cope with the taste of blood from the hot falafel

saturn’s wall is the cork of the island
the airplane is the fork of the monster

learning of the wilderness john
the sullen dusk



eye of the eye

the good glad is the hum of the metro
“we can be the clay,” says the snacking elf

               the challenge of the popcorn
               that game of the troubled salt

the purple heights
the proud laser

the cheeto rays of the blue sun
the pyramidal parable

I was the bee with a fever
I was the oily pepper for the wrong reasons

the lacquer of noon is on the wall
have I ever been in this world before?



periaqueductal gray

the time conforms to the shape of the glass
a dollopment

pointillism & a cold shoe
a signed & sealed soul

the salt of naples
a particular oregon

               could
               cloud

the council’s points
please send me a flute

my glistening journal
my wilmington particles



life cereal & tron

the leathery uniqueness
the friend of the calcium

fork barney
power chords

bustling bran
bulwarked

miles of corn green
this is the sugar ant fallacy



the solid-state michael the archangel

bookend groggy

the inferno of mars
on the table

the old duck tux
pumpkin blush

putt-putt worms
& now we are here

bookend alarm



J. D. Nelson (b. 1971) experiments with words in his subterranean laboratory. His poetry has appeared in many small press publications, worldwide, since 2002. His poem, “to mask a little bird” was nominated for Best of the Net in 2021. Visit http://MadVerse.com for more information and links to his published work. Nelson lives in Colorado, USA.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home