20220705

Elaine Woo


The Kindness of a Stranger

For Peter Ganick


Comfort of lentil soup, cozied up, a fellow scribe and artist found me on Instagram. I sensed his open heart reaching from across the continent brushing my barely revived visual art, poking its head up from a trench in the abyss. How he unearthed me, a mystery, unresolved.


Peter’s vibrant pantings lit me abstract art as passionate colour marks, feelings in forest green, lemon yellow, cadmium blue. He believed in my scrawls.


Then, I read in Otoliths that Peter had left the material world. I had no idea of the breadth of his work in poetry, publishing, and visual art until a search.


Memories of his thumbs up burble forth.


This humbled figure runs into open fields spring stretches a hand for those shoulders my feet are planted on. A forever boost.




Elaine Woo is an outlier artist. She repurposes common household items, fabrics, knick knacks, paint, bits and pieces of yarn, ribbon, and other leftovers from a lifetime of creativity to shape non-monumental art dolls Other forms emerge sometimes, too. She has a book of absurdist fiction somewhere out there on that far distant horizon, It is overdue for its birth.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home