20220703

Jeff Harrison


My hounds, there's a fount

My hounds, there's a fount, where all who end a hart's life, or rejoice in the same, are transformed. They are transformed! Who was the first hart, that his killers be so treated, and what was he to the fount, that his killers be thus transformed? Will you, when you become my likenesses, put your lips to its waters, to soothe its loss? Will you, would you; my hounds, I didn't; my hounds, I won't.


Actaeon and Pamphagus

ACTAEON: You're taking me to Hounds' Hill, aren't you? Grave me a stone saying this is our Actaeon, we know him now. You know me now, don't you, for your Actaeon? What hart has said to you, grave me a stone, or has said, you know me for your Actaeon now, don't you?

PAMPHAGUS: Hart, when has Actaeon pled with us?




Jeff Harrison has publications from Writers Forum, Persistencia Press, and Furniture Press. He has e-books from BlazeVOX and Argotist Ebooks (Sharks of Mary Shelley). His poetry has appeared in An Introduction to the Prose Poem (Firewheel Editions), Noon: An Anthology of Short Poems (Isobar Press), three Meritage Press hay(na)ku anthologies, Sentence: a Journal of Prose Poetics, Moria, and elsewhere.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home