20221226

Communications Arts Students at the University of the Philippines Los Baños


Denelle Justine T. Ramos

Aftertaste

Risk Taker, they say!
I must fear being left behind;

Fun, they say!
I could have been lonely all this time;

Kind, they say!
I must be suppressing traumas;

Understanding, they say!
I must have never been heard and understood.

Therefore hush, 
you, my reader!

the
judgment,
assumption,
compliments,

must it mean something?
could it mean something?
I barely know myself,
keep these tales to yourself, dear

even, you don’t know yourself, do you?

clouded mind, 
all day,
all night; 
Can I be ever trusted?
 


Ronan Gabriel Erni


Next Chapter

I don’t know
Maybe it’s time flying by
Or a new chapter creeping in

I don’t know
Maybe it’s the pressure from the people around me
Or perhaps the pressure from within

I don’t know
Maybe this is just the way it usually is
Or I’m just a bit unprepared—immature even

All I know is the door behind me is about to close
And another is bound to open
All I know is this is all I’ve been dreaming of and working for
But I don’t know where to begin



Kyla Chantal P. Dela Torre 

STEEP

I don’t know what the sign says
On that steepy road head
Just beyond the trees winging
The children walked and led

I don’t know when to push these
Lights and buttons beneath the wheels
How do I stir to the left
Or reverse down the hills

I don’t know where I’m headed
Why are these wheels on my hands
With no constat passenger
I might get lost on the run

How I wish this is about
Just my ability to
Maneuver the cars, but damn
This might be about life too

I am clueless and lonely
Do I claim a license too
In this travel pass called life
Where bumps, stopover looms




Joana Austria

To Abandon

Gezryl Peter Tamayo The Ocean Deep Sandy beaches and clear water Sun beaming down a good day Ocean inviting me to swim Fear keeping me planted The gorgeous blue mattress Splendorous and sparkling beauty Hiding it underneath, The endless dark abyss A place where no light reaches Full of creatures yet unknown The depths are a mystery As much as the sea is enchanting But the surface is fine There’s still much to see While it’s not complete It’s where I’d rather be   Alya Maria Inciso How to Die a Thousand Afternoons how do you die a thousand afternoons a hundred bloodless screaming of a body unknown, unfound in a sunlit room? i found the way in a quiet, lonely house far from the slow city-like province that once gave her undying light white blinds, blue petals flowers on walls nocturnes of mornings spent laying down on pink sheets softened of years chopin playing on repeat, in her head beside her bed inside her dread to dying and dying by laying down listlessly dreaming away these twilight afternoons   Yvonne M. Bandong IN MEMORY OF PEACE I never imagined, however, I was there It somehow killed me – no, it still kills me every day There were two choices and I knew that with either of the two, I would die Etched in my memory, the piece that broke me I run into a room where I left it hanging I became my fear; the fear that wakes me up and burns my sanity The piece that broke me, etched in my memory It was the path I slowly walked I knew how it would end There is no one else to blame I stabbed not only myself Now, no matter what, when I look up at the sky The stream in my eyes would flow like a river Now, no matter what, I wish that it was a dream I could open my eyes to stop It was haunted; it haunts me I wanna be blind, no matter what, now.
Denelle Justine T. Ramos is a 4th-year BA Communication Arts student at UP Los Baños. One of her dreams is to be part of a Broadway musical. Over the past few years she has been trying to write some songs that she someday wishes to share with the world. Today, she is focusing on her education, volunteer work, and self-development.

Ronan Gabriel Erni is a 23-year-old BA Communication Arts student in the University of the Philippines Los Baños. He is a Speech Communication major currently researching political rhetoric in the Philippines.

Kyla Chantal P. Dela Torre currently studies at the University of the Philippines- Los Baños. She is in her senior year as a BA Communication Arts student who majors in Speech Communication. She was the editor-in-chief of her high school’s official school newspaper publication while competing among the best feature writers in CALABARZON at that time.

Joana Austria is 21, and a Communication Arts student at the University of the Philippines Los Baños.

Gezryl Peter Tamayo is a 22 year old college student. He does not have any noteworthy achievements to put here but he's working on it.

Alya Maria Inciso studies the art of writing while enjoying every bit of literature that sparks her love for the world. A literature and film enthusiast, her journals are full of musings and fragmented poetry pieces she hopes to share one day.

Yvonne M. Bandong is 22, doing a B.A. in Communication Arts at the University of the Philippines Los Baños.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home