20080421

Esa Mäkijärvi


an atom

()

pull me apart pull me t o bit s/ I caaaaan be immortal,/ (give it to me!/)

the immortality requires several hearts but they have only given me one,/

pull from my hands so I can divide,/ transform myself to atoms,/

toatoms atoms,/ ms,/ chnge atom./
s/
atom/----ss/-----iixk,x,xxxihdsihdsihsdadaaffshhhhhh/-------/
amoksi/----

(
an
electric
storm!
/)

(
sähkö-
myrsky!
/)

-----------------shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh/-----ms./
------------ to atoms/ why?/--------------------------------------
Sjxjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik/

(a dividing language./)

-------------------------------------------to divide endlessly /
that’s my dream / that’s my nightmare.


a poster

an exhibition tokyo gallery in the seventh floor eight slash ten slash five ginza
chuo slash ku tokyo onehundredandfour slash zerozerosixone japan in the twentysixth of
april twothousandandeight there are paintings.


A light

If the light goes out there will be no more light
but maybe that is just what makes a ligh-
t so

(the cold poetry that climbs the thigh)

and precisely at that moment the mystery of ligh-
t begins to solve itself when a man looks
at the end of his hand and counts his fingers.


Afterwards

Her eyes are pearls now

in the dryness of the sky.



Esa Mäkijärvi (b. 1984) is a poet, critic and prose writer from Helsinki, Finland. The Finnish originals of "A Light" and "Afterwards" are included in his first poetry collection, Yökiipijä (Nightclimber), published by Leevi Lehto's Ntamo in 2007. For those of you who can read Finnish, the details of the book are here.

 
 
 
previous page     contents     next page

 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home