20091026

Tom Beckett


Nobody

From you

I would

Take directions.



(That’s the map

Of my

Alternate reality.)



Sensation isn’t

A territory.

It’s weather.



In my

Mind’s eye

You see me

Beginning to shiver.



Cover the mirror.

I want

You Nobody.




SPLACE

A refusal

To disclose

My location

Between this

Appearance and

That event

Is viewed

As dualistic

Even bipolar.



I’ve stopped

Being quite

As funny

As I

Was once.



All true

Rhymes are

Internal. Would

You help

Me with

This zipper?



Variations on

Floors and

Walls continue

To stun.

I mean

Wow! Surfaces

Continue in

So many

Overdetermined directions

(Goddamned skin

For example).



Paraphrase is

Truly true

Enough love.

See? I

Was listening.




Tom Beckett lives and works in Kent, Ohio.
 
 
 
 
previous page     contents     next page

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home