20110310

Eeva Karhunen


LIFE OF A SCRIPT IN MEMORY A SCRIPT OF A LIFE IN MEMORY



Speaking of it does not interest me.


At best 'home' is a roadsign. I do not call home.


Coming home is coming to a body. My body.


My hips are mine.


I confess to be: a feminist. I am scared to write this sentence.


What I am scared of is that of which is shouted from outside.


My backbone controls my hunger.


I do not see the ending.


I do not write for children.


When writing, I notice what I am told to write.


I do not confuse you when on board. I take a flight a couple of times a year.


Then working ethics meet research methods.


These hands work for the freedom of speech. My lecturer says hands do not.


I write with my fingertips. There is a possibility for a pen.


I was famous. Now I am here.


I am criticized. I can take pressure.


I am in the West because I do not want to give away my location.


No. I do not need medication.


I do not have to lie.


There are words: "politische lesbian."


There are consequence of words. Those of freedom.


I learned to read and write later than learning English at the age of 4.


English is a language. Some say it is my second.


I have seen a truck load of sheep being taken to slaughter.


That is a business morning. City looking empty.


This is a diary.


This is what I am told to write.


I want nothing. Wanting nothing is making peace with death.


Resting in peace is an association.


Do I have to die for you? I have not. I am not dead.


I have experienced danger.


The promise was option. Now there is none. Should I --- thank --- you?


Is it an option if someone chooses for you?


I do not cry in your eyes.


I wonder if I hang with tears.


My favourite past time as a child was to look out the windows of a Mercedes-Benz.


I do not regret.



Eeva Karhunen (born 1986, Kuopio) is an artist and a poet. Her debut collection Unelma (ntamo) was published in 2009. Her poetry has appeared in and on Unikankare, Kirjo, Kerberos, Nokturno, Kulttuurivihkot and LEHTOlapset (ntamo) 2011.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home