20120411

Catherine Vidler




Self-concept poem (1)

pink, curious, little, lively.



Self-concept poem (2)

eyebrow,
eyelid,

watchword,
moonlight.



Self-concept poem (3)

took,

lifted,
showed,
pointed,

made.



Self-concept poem (4)

This is not the poem

I chose,
I chose

the other (poem)



Self-concept poem (5)

I have some leaves,
a certain number of leaves
(the actual number being unspecified).



Self-concept poem (6)

sky-blue,
air-tight.



Self-concept poem (7)

wetter, greyer,
gladder



Absent poem

She called at my house
but I was not at home.

Near future poem

This poem is about to begin.
Let us stop here a little while.



Voiceless poem

To which no
sound

whatever

can be given
without

this help.



Imminent poem

The cat purrs.
The tide is ebbing.
I will speak.



Future in the past poem

Should            write
Should            be writing
Should            have written
Should            have been writing



Bird in the hand poem

(It shows what
the bird has to do
with the hand,
or the hand
with the bird)



Evasive poem

The explanation it gave
was not to the point.



Narrative poem

I told him a story.
I can do no more.


(Author's note: The source text for the above is Nesfield's Outline of English Grammar for Home and Office, 1900.


Catherine Vidler's first collection Furious Triangle was published in 2011 by Puncher and Wattmann. She edits the trans-Tasman literary magazine Snorkel.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page

 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home