20120723

Jason Joyce



Wildbirds, Believers


Kurt Cameron believes that bananas
are proof of God

I think the price we pay for wedding
dresses is too

something about how
they point toward your mouth and open like
a soda can

makes me think of middle age waitresses with braces
that pleasure themselves to profile hits on eHarmony and
Patrick Dempsey lines
                                                            that collect like plaque

each morning

I brush my teeth with champagne,
Cristal clear clairvoyance

though I can’t help but think of
               Taxidermy

                                                            When we kiss

An Indian shooting a star
a battered Slip ‘n’ Slide
and how we thought our grandparents were
ghosts

already

I’m fine eating alone if I’m home watching TV

as for learning how to empathize,
                              I’m sure there’s an app for vague words



Jason Joyce graduated in 2009 from the University of Wyoming and is now living in Los Angeles, working in event planning at Loyola Marymount University. He plays keyboards in the band The Rubbish Zoo, and is working on his first full-length collection of poems and short stories. You can find out more about his writing and published poetry on his blog at jasonrjoyce.tumblr.com.

 
 
previous page     contents     next page

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home