20121017

Jeff Harrison


Prows

My endearments for the waves, when I couldn't keep up with their names — how many ways of saying Eumenides! The mouths of Scylla set sail; on their prows, the crudest-hewn figurations.



Lycisce consoles Cyprius

Were we to guess Actaeon at each hart, and did one hart address us, saying, where is Her fount when that Huntress lies among the perished devils?


Hyale and Actaeon


HYALE: You only of all Her imbruted went eagerly.

ACTAEON: I was not eager.

HYALE: You seemed to fall into a hart eagerly.

ACTAEON: I seem a hart; am I a hart through and through?

       [ACTAEON stops to vomit.]

HYALE: It is the berries Artemis fed you.

ACTAEON: I ate nothing; I was fed nothing; I was besprent; I am being led to my doom.

HYALE: A hart is not your doom?

ACTAEON: Only if you are to accompany me unendingly.

HYALE: I leave. Had I stayed, your dogs may have shunned us.

ACTAEON: Their nails will not uncover Actaeon; they will shun me still.



Jeff Harrison has poems in all the issues of Otoliths except the second issue. He has publications from Writers Forum, MAG Press, Persistencia Press, White Sky Books, and Furniture Press. He has e-books from Blazevox, xPress(ed), Argotist Ebooks, and Chalk Editions. His poetry has appeared in An Introduction to the Prose Poem (Firewheel Editions), The Hay(na)ku Anthology Vol. II (Meritage Press), The Chained Hay(na)ku Project (Meritage Press), Sentence: a Journal of Prose Poetics, Xerography, Moria, NOON: journal of the short poem, Dusie, MiPOesias, EXPLORINGfictions, EOAGH, and elsewhere. He has an interview blog with Allen Bramhall called Antic View.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home