20130409

Jeff Harrison


Order

The witch in her lymph, the curs at their quarter, and Order blinks at you, Actaeon, Actaeon obscured and clement.



Actaeon ensorceled‏

The orrery of hounds, hart, and Huntress -- Actaeon ensorceled, rapt, Actaeon is lost in this, lost, rapt, as in the thick as Actaeon were a hound, and though a hound unknown to his pack, lost in the thick, lost, rapt, as in the thick as Actaeon were the hart.



Actaeon still‏

Take my hand; I perish, maniac. Than a hart's stems I am more frail by far; my spirit will fail before I leave your fountain's side. Actaeon still, I cannot face another supernal, and several, and these supernals hounds.



A king's death

Though a prince, it is a king's death. Though a hart, my hounds were the tenderest shoots, and for pity my tears rolled as I ate of them. What jewel broken into a chalice issued a wolfsbane more swift?



Jeff Harrison has poems in all the issues of Otoliths except the second issue. He has publications from Writers Forum, MAG Press, Persistencia Press, White Sky Books, and Furniture Press. He has e-books from BlazeVOX, xPress(ed), Argotist Ebooks, and Chalk Editions. His poetry has appeared in An Introduction to the Prose Poem (Firewheel Editions), The Hay(na)ku Anthology Vol. II (Meritage Press), The Chained Hay(na)ku Project (Meritage Press), Sentence: a Journal of Prose Poetics, Xerography, Moria, NOON: journal of the short poem, Dusie, MiPOesias, EXPLORINGfictions, EOAGH, and elsewhere. He has an interview blog with Allen Bramhall called Antic View.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home