20140218

Anne Gorrick



Seemingly Endless Ocean Seed


I created a new world spawned in water
I explored for land, but to no avail
I found a seed that has seemingly endless waters
Using a specific seed generates exactly the same world each time
instead of a distorted land
There is seemingly endless ocean

Spain... you're just.... ADORABLE in your Riotology

I’m looking for a good ocean seed with a seemingly endless ocean
The brunette stared out into a sea of patrons
She carried the light onward into the vast
Some 500 years ago
a namesake of mine
sailed beyond the horizons of the known world - sailed off the map
across seemingly endless oceans of prairie
(520,000 km or 200,000 sq. mi.)
with their grass seeds

This is a Guide for the Perplexed and the Outnumbered

Her map offers some of the best places to spawn you
in front of a pit of lava looking over an ocean
As we learn to cultivate Shakti, we are able to plant light
in SMERF (or Seed, Rose, and Flower Mass-Production Farm)
... and there is a HUGE ocean, seemingly endless, perfect for underwater cities
Cranberries floating in seemingly endless oceans of water

But I hope I will never have a life that is not surrounded by books that are bound in paper and cloth and glue, such perishable things for ideas

Some plants evolved seeds that were light enough and aerodynamic
to explore the unknown domains of a seemingly endless earth
It was sunny. with an occasional rain. Faith grew
... allowing Catalina and the seemingly endless ocean come into view
Planting from seed is generally not a good idea

I find it hard to imagine what it would be like as an adult living in a city that has become a war zone

Gas clouds glow and stellar clusters glitter
amid a seemingly endless ocean of black
What if you could seed a gas cloud?
And finally ... whore-infected seed. Heaven burns
Its buildings are seemingly deserted.
There are animated maps of a satellite in orbit
to a sliver along the edges, leaving nothing
but an elemental Armageddon gone to seed.

He passed away Tuesday evening surrounded by friends, family, and one secret enemy.

The plot of sand intertwined
with the seemingly endless ocean.
Flora ... her seed couldn't grow on this.
The ocean had wonder and danger in it.
Long range views over a seemingly endless sea
and exposure to the absence of locally native tree seed sources
has significant occlusion
Trees that date to the 1920s

A driver surrounded by an unrelenting torrent of sheep

The soothing scent of the seemingly endless ocean
that washes up on the beach
There are a string of islands
at the end of the world where god told us
“Going to the Nether isn’t as easy as you might think it is.”

Medieval walls, magical fields and the scent of lavender, Hvar is a never-ending treasure

The Mustard Seed at Echo Lodge
opens in paths around lake shores
or galloping along a seemingly endless beach
racing against the surf of the Atlantic Ocean
Vast plateaus
active volcanoes
and seemingly bottomless trenches
These underwater landscapes are in
an endless cycle of construction and destruction
as new crust is born

This is not an easy question, reinterpreting empathy

If you drive a Warthog out into the ocean
you can't drown
even if you are fully submerged
Chorynthians honor the ocean and pay attention to its voice
patterning their actions after its own
After all the fear about it, worship it as the seed of
a seemingly endless ocean of salted undeath

What were you looking for, Silent Cartographer, the map room?

With the Seed of the Sun and the Kalas of the Moon
"Sex in all its infinite forms is restless and endless
as the ocean about you
as your tidally-sparked flesh”
The surface shined with serene light as it carried her into the vast
Artists are always making decisions in their work arbitrarily

About your flaw…I planted flower seeds on your side of the path



My Illness is air ... I'm penetrating every entrance to your mind, taking my time to find out everything about you
               —    for John Bloomberg-Rissman


My illness is non-narrative, disjunct
My illness is my medicine
My illness is as bad as yours
My illness is getting published!
My illness is my realness
“My illness is an alcoholic pitbull” by Freaky Meat
My illness is completely random and is about my spiritual journey
My illness is a vehicle
My illness is mainly meant to be read silently rather than aloud
A lot of my illness is done in free verse
Most of my illness is composed in accepted forms
My illness is better than your illness! Whoa! My illness! (Right! Right! Right!) We are the sickness (Right! Right! Right!) Shoot me I'm tragic (Lie! Lie! Lie!)
My illness is inspirational, uplifting and inspired by God.
My illness is dying, / my muses are crucifix ed, / blood dripping on the blank pages, / n disarranged splotches, / nothing to say, / a broken heart
My illness is my history
My illness is not really sad
My illness is from the heart
My illness is witty, charming, shallow, and bold. Childish, and infantile, so I am told. Bland
Do You Think Your illness Is Cryptic?
My illness is in that French magazine
My illness is sort of therapy for me and also a way to present myself and my thoughts
My illness is a boat and nets, a cut-n-paste of interesting sentences
My illness is one of the only talents I think I have, please enjoy it and give me some input
My illness is simple, hard-edged, unrhymed or rhymed in the classical style
My illness is science fiction
My illness is so good. How can you criticize it? You better leave now. Go home, read it for hours. Until you have memorized it
My illness is a good taste of everything I've involved myself with over the last fifteen years
It’s part of the public discourse of America
My illness is something I do for a living
I am not offended if my illness is underappreciated
My illness is difficult – perhaps even impossible – to translate
My illness is muscular, fluid, alive and contagious, delicious and dangerous
My illness is satirical or even ironic, I think my illness is essentially lyric
My illness is arranged chronologically
My illness is functional
My illness is not fixed
My illness is song and punishment
My illness is the voice of the absent one
My illness is dedicated to the memory of Heidi
My illness is thoroughly European, its content is thoroughly African
The sole purpose of my illness is to add LIGHT to your soul
I hope that my illness is universal, that it is not offensive and that it speaks to someone
My illness is inspired by German philosophy
My illness is too eclectic for me to assign a signature
Please respect my illness and note that usage, duplication or distribution is strictly prohibited without prior written consent
My illness is like a fountain. Sprinkling streams of coral water
My illness is Glue, the clarity I find from expressing my feelings and thoughts
My illness is divided into two parts: A —Before independence (about six years); B — Post-independence
My illness is mostly just noise
My illness is for your enjoyment and my own. Enjoy
You see, I had received very good comments about my illness
I wanted to make an income secretly on my illness
I like to think that my illness is a little more melodic than the noise of a cicada, although this example is admittedly a little less than elegiac
My illness is lighthearted
My only obstacle is that my illness is Irish
When I'm at my most miserable, my illness is at its most touching and most resonant

One virtue I claim for my illness is that it cannot be declaimed before an audience



Anne Gorrick is the author of: I-Formation (Book 2) (Shearsman Books, Bristol, UK, 2012), I-Formation (Book 1) (Shearsman, 2010), and Kyotologic (Shearsman, 2008). She is currently co-editing (with poet Sam Truitt) an anthology of innovative Hudson Valley poetry titled In|Filtration: A Hudson Valley Salt Line (Station Hill Press, Barrytown, NY, 2014).

She collaborated with artist Cynthia Winika to produce a limited edition artists’ book called “Swans, the ice,” she said with grants through the Women’s Studio Workshop in Rosendale, NY, and the New York Foundation for the Arts. She has also collaborated on large textual and/or visual projects with John Bloomberg-Rissman and Scott Helmes.

She curates the reading series, Cadmium Text, which focuses on innovative writing in and around the New York’s Hudson Valley and she also co-curates, with Lynn Behrendt, the electronic journal Peep/Show. Her visual art can be seen at: www.theropedanceraccompaniesherself.blogspot.com.

Anne Gorrick lives in West Park, New York.
 
 
     contents     next page
 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home