20141118

Despo Magoni



Pathological Beauty #4
(2012, mixed media & collage on paper, 16.5 x 14 inches)



Despo Magoni writes: "Although I was born and raised in Greece, studying painting in Athens, it was only after I moved to New York in 1968 that I found my personal voice. The energy, diversity, and contradictions of the metropolis helped me discover my inner expressionist. Preoccupied with the human condition, I have used the human figure and face for their unlimited expressive potential, exploring social issues, inspired by myth, history, and current events in my paintings, works on paper, installations, and artist's books. I blend the personal with the collective, the inner with the outer, and the past with the present.

"I have had 23 solo shows and have participated in numerous group exhibitions, both nationally and internationally. My work can be found in museums and private collections around the world."
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home