20150907

Seth Howard


IN ANOTHER PLACE

Rain heat flashes
A silent syntax taken along
The mind
Opens
Concrete, and as it stands the established
Procedures pertaining
To what
Requires no prerequisite
Functions standalone isotope
Structures
Intersecting light open ended
Whistle
In the night train far
Watery
Flash, I once dreamt
I was in a city I had
Never been
In subway tunnels on a single spool
Coursing through pale
Corridors
That I may see you



THE DESIRE TO BE A HUMAN BEING

Just like that I was as I am, sequentially
a flash in the folds of space, continuum of
filament fluctuation, and the secret was
there was no time, out of time? End of a
generation? Genetically enhanced embryos
show no sign of slowing. It was a zoo
out there if you ask me, and I’ve told my
story in near to its entirety once or more.
Are you in tune with your inner voice?
A moment ago I considered going out.
This consideration was outweighed by the
desire to be alone, for the breath of summer
against my neck, pale skinned girls in the
sand, I saw the last light hover beneath
the clouds, carried my towel along the shore,
as several seagulls dismembered what
appeared to be a crustacean of some sort.
Wings beat against flesh in hunger of spirit.
I remember it having been sometime
last year or perhaps the year before.
Then suddenly, quiet, and for a moment,
calm. The sun sank into obscurity
and if I had to say—I would rather refrain
until I thought things would be alright.




Seth Howard is a graduate of the University of Connecticut, where he majored in English Literature. Lover of things Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Taiwanese, he has traveled extensively across East Asia. He enjoys reading Philosophy and practicing Zen meditation. He currently resides in New London.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home