20161006

Taylor Leigh Ciambra



MT. MONADNOCK

wrapped in white summit mist
we are blind to base world
of boyfriends and girlfriends
the light rain easily washing away
guilt and memory
on this sunless day

disrespectful passion
cracks open my chest
with pleasure
for once I am honest
with what I want from you

on the rocks and lichen
I want my tongue to taste your thoughts
and I want you to know what I’m made of
under the blush of light pink propriety
there are bones that shake for your
clear cut eyes



FROM THE HOUSE IN JUNEAU

we-explode-against-the-walls
a-giant-mess-of-blood-and-sweat
pastels-never-stood-a-chance
against-bone-and-bruise
dirty-natural-soaked-in-tears
pores-filled-with-passion-
-scars-filled-with-years
we-are-alive-in-a-living-place
breathing-moving
taking-up-space




Taylor Leigh Ciambra was born and raised in Northford, Connecticut and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts from Keene State College. Since graduating, Taylor has called everywhere from the mountains of Alaska to the canyons of Arizona her home. Her recent work can be read on AppalachianTrials.com and FeministWednesday.com where she shares her stories and passion for all things related to hiking the Appalachian Trail and feminism.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home