20161113

Sanjeev Sethi


INTERMENT

Analects of our time duck in the eiderdown
fearful of facing me. At an alehouse, the other
night, a minute after eons makes me realize
that must have been another me. I recall, it
was difficult to keep pace with your eyeballs.
Immersed in your essence, it was attributed
to inquisitiveness. I wonder how your half
-moon consumed me like Einstein sifting his
subject. Loving was loving all of you: so what
if it was the shape of your lunula?



FAIR PLAY

The oddities
hold me against
myself.

Even before birth
I was bruised.

Live my life.
The answer will fall
on your lap.



ANTHEM

In the cauldron of my chest sprawl
the medals you never honored me
with for gallantries I never executed.
In a shed of caitiffs and cowards I
stood fine-grained conscripted by
divination. Reprisal was one way
of achieving this, recriminations
were another. I chose the third:
quiescence is my thing.



Sanjeev Sethi is the author of three well-received books of poetry. His most recent collection is This Summer and That Summer (Bloomsbury, 2015). His poems are in venues around the world including Zoomoozophone Review, Stanzaic Stylings, Degenerate Literature, Darkrun Review, The Penwood Review, W.I.S.H. Press, The Five-Two, Scarlet Leaf Review, Novelmasters, Zarf Poetry, In Between Hangovers, Praxis Magazine, Meniscus, Transnational Literature, Bluepepper, and elsewhere. He lives in Mumbai, India.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home