20170512

Cecelia Chapman


Endgame2 2017


Ride The Tiger

Green Dragon Drops Water

Hidden Leopard

Snake Creeps Down



Cecelia Chapman writes: "Endgame2 2017 reflects on war arts glorified and embedded in human culture. It employs kung fu animal stance titles, camouflage markings, and the ambiguity of asemic writing to consider that the ultimate goal of the military-industrial complex is ambiguity, instability and no end to the game.

"Lanaquarelle paper, watercolor, ink, graphite, personal rubber stamps. 9 x 12 in., 23 x 30.5 cm."
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Beckett said...

The images are absolutely gorgeous and truly make me want to linger with them. I wonder, though, about whether the titles are necessary. They seem, to me anyway, too restrictive.

I hope my reservations about the titles don't diminish your sense of my admiration of the images. I just think those images are great all by themselves and don't need the titles.

5:55 AM  
Blogger cc said...

Thank you Tom. The titles are the ancient Kung Fu stance names that inspired the images, The titles describe the defense tactic the priest would use to disarm his attacker without harming him. I appreciate your feedback so much, it is very useful to me. My best.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home