20170704

Tom Beckett



Notes Between Notes


Touching myself
I touch
Someone else


*

Looking in
That fucking
Mirror I

Can’t remember
When I
Saw you last


*

The strangeness
In the mirror

Is what
One fears most


*


The seam

Between what
Is seen
And felt

Reams me

It’s unseemly


*

Two
               Steps
                              Over
               The threshold of sense
                                                            One step
Back


*

You say

I’m full
Of myself

Not true

We’re full
Of others

You keep
Repeating myself


*

All of us
Possessed & porous

Pointlessly sutured
Against the wet


*

In the end
It is how
Speech balloons
Deflate as
Avatars squeak


*

I hear
Fret buzz
In that
Last stanza

*





 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home