20180111

Louise Landes Levi



                         TRILOGY
                                             for Lauren - 21.12.2017

                    I am tattooing the shadows 
                  of eternity you gaze fr. emerald
                     parlors, a woman stand be-
                         side me, she is gold-
                             en, her tattoo 

                           says: I AM YOURS

               What can she mean, divested
           of  her nudity, why does she suggest
              sleep 
                       over 
                              shadow?

              She colors me purple. turquoise, &
                     black, she sings the dark 
                        morning, then she
                            dances, you

                       do not notice her, 
              on the street, until she draws 
                 for 
                    you 

                             the  circle.


                                                 *


                It is the shortest day of year. i discover I
                   must leave this place in 5 days. I think

                    I will go to island then Japan, one
                         last trip, but if I had someone
                              in Seattle I'd go there. 


                                       ^^^
    

                         (New Years Day at dusk, 1.1.2018
                                listening to Annapurna Devi)
     
      

                                  my commentary is
                                      based on my
                                         solitude,

                                    long ago, you
                                chose me for your
                                  confession, how


                                   bright the moon,
                               in my pocket of tears,
                                   how wonderful
                                     the sound. Is


                              it a messenger who
                               sings in a far away
                                    country, or the

                                    sea, here, in
                                   my
                                           inner
                                             ear?
                                

                                               ^^^


                      Tattoo my heart w, rosewater & knives
                     ,
                         whose countenance imprisoned my
                             beloved in a country of steel, if
                                 snow shed on the eye lid
                                     of eternity cld. hold
                                         me, if the lips

                                of the beloved, cld. spit blood
                               on the island of distilled lava,
                                  Bent, my  frail equation


                             if
                                the strings of your harp wld
                             wake me fr. sleep, wld. I not prefer
                              your dream to my awakened
                                            state?

                 
                                 (1.1.2018 -
                                  (moon nearly full))





      Louise Landes Levi - USA - poet - translator, musician-traveller,  recent
   books Crazy Louise or La Conversazione Sacra ( Station Hill))
        & Where I Stand in Angel ( Il Bagatto). Forthcoming 
            recordings IKIRU or The Wanderer ( Oaken
               Palace) & Colloidal Love ( Audio -Mer.)
                    & spoken arts cassette  with
                     BIRD PEOPLE  (Coyote).
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home