20211213

Joe Balaz and Peter Chamberlain


JUST LIKE WUN JELLYFISH I’m just like wun jellyfish floating all around. I no really harbor myself anywheah. Sometimes I drift into somebody and find out deah’s wun mutual fascination to explore da creative muse dat both of us flow wit. It’s wun stimulating experience foa little while but den I float off into open watah again to continue to do my own ting. Jellyfish, jellyfish, floating wit da currents, floating wit da tides, floating to da pull of da moon, shining like wun big all knowing eye. No moa wun plan until I get deah and wen I’m briefly deah I’m soon to be gone. Look at all da different paper boats wit all kine writing on top dat I wen set adrift foa go wheahevah dey going go before I wen move on. Jellyfish, jellyfish, floating all around, jellyfish, jellyfish, seemingly lost but deep inside always found.
Before the Beginning                  
pō Where all things came from in Hawaiian belief. DA QUESTION IS Da universe is still expanding. Da question is— Into wat? Maybe get wun evolving and constant fabric way out deah in da cosmos holding everyting togettah and it may not be as random and chaotic as you tink it is. Just look at wun eclipse as wun example. Da sun is how huge and how far away? Da moon is how big and how close to da earth? Wat is da size of da earth in relation to dose two very different heavenly bodies?— It’s amazing how everyting lines up perfectly to give you wun nice ring corona to make you gaze and wonder. It’s wun brief and awe inspiring fascination but it does return from time to time with regularity. From time, to time, to time, to time, just like da expanding universe. Humankind sometimes wit its intelligence and science assumes wun position of arrogance. Da reason dat everyting is so big out deah is because it is. I would venture to say dat even da most staunch atheist or laboratory egghead should at least dwell upon da notion of converting dose exploratory brain wavelengths into tinking like wun agnostic. I’m not suggesting dat you cover your bases. I’m simply saying dat deah’s moa going on out deah den just doing da laundry or feeding da cat.        
Words by Joe Balaz and music by Peter Chamberlain
Peter Chamberlain is an artist, musician, and producer.
He lives in Palolo, Hawai’i. Visit his website.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home