20211221

John Levy


I have been standing here

I have been standing here for one minute for one year for one breath in for one lost thought for nothing for a wall to lean against for darkness with my eyes closed for pretending I’m ready ready for anything for not seeing whoever sees me for all these years on my face in the mirrors mirrors for wishing wishes that change and stay If, per
if, perchance, there were no bull in no arena only the matador waving a red cape for the flourish of the red itself and if the matador’s head were not a human’s and if you were small enough and could fly among the petals Colors are generous for Angella and Yuki
They salute us & thank us for loving them even when we stick them on wigs and floors. They are entirely present, sometimes spirits purr within them. State Fair
the yellow declarations flower knee high unconnected to anything he longs to experience Walking through a graveyard
anywhere could be in the rain, say, the rain saying what it wants what it is and has been where you stare at everything passing by Across the Aisle
I didn't, and don't, know her name but she named her dog Taco. Couple
I’m in the bus and can’t hear his words, if he is talking. I can’t see either of their mouths. I can’t seems what he may be saying, though I don’t know could also be what he says as she looks away. She isn’t looking at
her mother or grandmother or the Giacometti or out the window. She steps forward like that man enormous, still beginning
John Levy's most recent book of poems is Silence Like Another Name (otata's bookshelf, 2019). He lives in Tucson.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter Bakowski said...

Really enjoyed these. Thanks for posting. Peter Bakowski

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home