20220525

Louis Campbell


GLOW-IN-THE-DARK TINGLER RING
(A poem composed of graffiti found on the walls of the men's room at my favourite pub.)
Plastic kills all but, a package of one. The death connected slut, I love cum. Disco robots dance on disastrous streets.
WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT, I DIDN’T WORK VERY HARD AT ALL.
Working as hard as an Intel i5 laptop could possibly work. I’ve got every dollar’s worth out of it and now I open my arms to the jungle. Nature looks back at me: salivating and voracious. Let the alcohol of lascivity guide us through life for as I walk further into its maniacal jaws, I drift closer and closer to that scantly built gold man or that two-bedroom villa to the south of Cannes. How did I cure consumption? By stepping outside of myself, and bringing a few treats for the caravan, “mmm” vanilla scented sweet vermouth and dark chocolate. I’d take that tagged-and-tested charging cable and throw it away like I threw away those markers and maps. And all this, to me, is an exotic holiday or meeting Kobe Bryant.




Louis Campbell is 19 year old undergraduate and beginning poet from Kaurna Land / Adelaide who is involved in the diverse local music scene.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home