20220814

Bob Kotyk


SINGING

No
But I 
Sunday
Clanging
Incense
Water
I play
Piano
Tunes
Hairbrush
Scared
I sing
The whisper
Tooth
Forehead
Uncoagulated
I sing
The doorway
West
East
Highway
Island
Tell me
I sing
To the
Mist
Chamber
Worker
His rash
And we
Look
At the
Book
And say
That is
A human
Being
Sing



ACORN POPCORN OAKBANK

Sphere
Eye
Streetcar rejection
And the
Long tall
Hunker
Stung
Flicker tongue
A walking
Box of
Cake
A missing
Sherriff
Driving somewhere
Down where
There’s something
To see
NYC
Times Square
Scientology
Matter-of-fact
Margins
A rescue
Scene
In the
Sky
Blue
Sparrow egg
Silver
We see
Rules
Fist
Lists
Stone
Brick
Split-shifts
Paying
Our sobbin’
Blues
Dues



UP FROM MANOA

The people
Need
It
Just look
At the
Robber
We’re ick
Visitors
Mewling
Spinning
Searching
Waves lapping
Docks
Knocking
The cosmic
Harpsichord
Aflame



THE CHURCH FATHERS

Trashed friendship
The last
Thing
I needed
At the
Birthplace of
Coffee
Heretical
Kneecaps
Stinging
Spring missals
Singing
And I
Knew
And still
Do
About
The
Hex
Shambles
And the
Beautiful
Wrongly
Worded
Contract
Amendments
Take care
Don’t be
Scared
Not
Everything is
Permitted
There



RADETZKY BOYS

Crinkly fellows
Max
And we
Live
Just
Like that
Ah
But the
Game is
Over now
Like in
An old
Soviet
Town
Branded
With those
Marks
And feelings
Of marching
With
Upstarts
I’ve got
You
And the
Rest is 
A folder
Folded
Under
The phantom
Floating
At my
Shoulder
Yet here
We are
Now
Stunned
And running
Guns
Toward
A silver
Round of
Radio
Sounds
Last in
Line
For the
Damned
Underground



Bob Kotyk is a writer and filmmaker living in Toronto. He co-wrote the screenplay for Guy Maddin's The Forbidden Room, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2015. His poetry appeared in Otoliths issues 61 and 64.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home