20220824

John Tustin


ANOTHER NATION

Is there another nation over the mountain?
If I climb and climb,
then come down on the other side,
will I find the fruit sweeter?

Is there a beach of gold
at the edge of the ocean
and will I meet it
if I follow the river?

Does the heat subside
if I make it to the tree line?
Will I find the air better
if I dig to the other end of the earth?

Why is the sun only shining
on the other end of the street?
Why does the storm gather 
like a mass on the lungs?

How would my body feel
flying beneath the ceiling of the sky?
The thunder speaks above me;
the lightning illuminates where I am.



John Tustin's poetry has appeared in many disparate literary journals since 2009 and fritzware.com/johntustinpoetry contains links to his published poetry online.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home