20221206

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal


Word Salad

Boiling with anger’s
broken mind,

echoing untruths,
the word salad of

the day, which only
serves to annoy.

I would rather hear
a green leaf fall.



Looking for My Marbles

Looking for my marbles
and a lost mind

just around the corner
and in the neighbor’s yard.

I saw my photo in the Onion
wearing someone else’s face.

There was no rhyme or reason
for what I saw. Here I sit in my garden

amongst the roses and the bees
wrapping fish in newspaper.



Impenetrable Hand I tried to be an insect, specifically, a mosquito, and I pecked at a statue, a hand so impenetrable, that I moved on to a human hand. People bleed so easily. I retired to a farm. I found a cow I could peck for days as I marveled at the blue skies.
Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal lives in California and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles since the late 90s. His poetry has appeared in Blue Collar Review, Escape Into Life, Mad Swirl, Otoliths, and Unlikely Stories. His latest poetry book, Make the Water Laugh, was published by Rogue Wolf Press in 2020.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home