20230312

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal


Return to Myself

I returned
to myself.

I saw the crawling viper
and the fleeting caribou.

I set my heart
ablaze.

Near the fireplace
I slept like a log.

I dreamt
crazy dreams.

I could not believe
what my eyes saw.

I saw two of me.
The one I turned into,

which I could not
stand the sight of.

I prayed upon
a sacred stone

to return
to myself.



Night Speak To Me Night speak to me. Do not give me crickets. Broadcast alien love songs. Cryptic ramblings from moon people, a little chattering from Venusian meteorologists. I do not want to hear the murmur of stars. Ah, give me crickets. From the Future After J.D. Nelson The machine was all the rage. There were tv shows from the future and news that would happen only when you went to sleep. It was a time out of reach to those without the special remote control. A study of the past was made in the dream of a black crow. The tv shows were all canceled and all the stories were written in paper.
Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal lives in California and works in the mental health field in Los Angeles since the late 90s. His poetry has appeared in Blue Collar Review, Escape Into Life, Mad Swirl, Otoliths, and Unlikely Stories. His latest poetry book, Make the Water Laugh, was published by Rogue Wolf Press in 2020.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home