20230702

Penelope Weiss


My Mazurka

I dance mazurkas
under a gibbous moon.
Waxing, waning, it’s all the same to me.

Sixteen stinking robots try to pin me down. 
They tango, eat mango, 

play bongo. Is it all in my head? 
I’ve been here before. 

Two-stepping, two-timing, 
eating the letters of friends. 

Where’s my ticket? I’m ready to fly.
Will the robots get me tonight?



Notes to Herself

Be naive. If you can’t be
naive, be stoic.

If you can’t be
stoic, be schoolmarmish. 

Be jealous. If you can’t be
jealous, be envious.

Be fearless. If you can’t be
fearless, be fearsome.

Fall in love. 
Make your lover a god.

Weave a coat of adoration. 
Spend your life mending it.



The Owl in the Garden

Penelope Weiss grew up in New York City and now lives in Shrewsbury, Vermont. Storiana, her collection of stories, is available on Amazon.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home