20100614

Alexander Jorgensen


Poem for Discharming

A variation on Robert Browning





Alexander Jorgensen was born and raised along the foothills of Western Massachusetts. An incessant traveler, he has lived and worked in such disparate places as the Czech Republic, the Galapagos Archipelago, China, and Kazakhstan. His visual poetry and writings appear in such publications as Van Gogh's Ear, Noon: Journal of the Short Poem, Moria, Drunken Boat, The Return of Kral Majales: Prague's International Literary Renaissance 1990-2010, The Last Vispo Anthology, and Kabita Pakshik (translations into Bengali by poet and translator Subhashis Gangopadhyay). "Letters to a Younger Poet," correspondences with the late Robert Creeley, appears in Jacket #31. He was nominated for the Pushcart Prize in 2008.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

All too often I have

crashed

with longing -

into men that creep



Stiff and cold;

A coat of hoar frost

to their bones.



And what of this longing

my curse

that seeks to defrost.



While they eyeing me

with contempt

seek to obliterate.



Let us get to the heart

of this matter

for they travel

in packs



Stifled howl

a slow grey desire

for bony pubescent

girls.



As they wield power

a keeper of their ego’s

examined



In the gravity that falls

alongside me.

It is their stench



a soulless dance

wrapped around

my first grey hair



My transition



even the spirit of me.

Their words a trail

of poisonous bread crumbs



all visual

they invite themselves

to my table



to eat on my raw

nerve



served with their monster

heart.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home