20201205

Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal


Finding Patience

As the day drags out it is easy to see that as the world falls apart finding patience is a virtue. There must be a witch somewhere in a castle making potions hiding needles in a haystack. The Meaning of Life I wish you good fortune when I don’t give you the much-deserved finger. I take a leaf from the tree instead of an apple or orange to feed the caterpillar. With my memory in ruins I tattoo the meaning of life on my left and right wrists. Living in this fishbowl I keep my mouth shut to evade the lip readers. I don’t get down in the dirt with you because I am not ambitious or competitive. I measure each step I take to confirm that I am alive even though I feel dead tired. Some of us find a way out and some of don’t or take a little longer. I find it sad. Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal lives in California and works in Los Angeles. His poems have appeared in Blue Collar Review, Mad Swirl, Otoliths, Unlikely Stories, and ZYX.
   
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home