20220713

J. D. Nelson


the stanley hotel & the brain of kal-el

I am the rain on the pond

               o you!

imagine grass
the ankle of mordor

dying orangutans
suffering in the now

donald duck orange juice
superman peanut butter



ralph malph

earth is the chamber of the lord
I go backwards into the light

good morning, bee
the forest you know

               a saint
               renamed

               bark &
               nettle

               most



a world of dew

this old winter
don’t blame me

without googling it
can you name your guardian angel?

I contain within me a nothing
a brain of windex

               & yet
               & yet



this cricket is clean

I withstand your sparrows
your molten right angles

let’s lasso the pines
I’m starving

have a scoop of silence
winston is a friend of the ducks

this brain is helping you
this glamorous nothing

rub the squirrel’s face
we’re missing a segment



wild pete at the smörgåsbord

cope cope cope cope cope
cope cope cope cope cope
cope cope cope cope cope
cope cope cope cope cope
cope cope cope cope code



raw almond nebraska

               chili metro
               ticks

ice white mood
on the island of the moon

               garbo
               cheeto

egging a nectarine
I am a fiddleback

               in the old days
               we were the world



sample moth

I am the daybreak
I am the freezing king

               after the rodeo
               soup

a ruth gordon happy meal
& the health of the highway

saltine alpha

copper green

simple math



the luminous spider of the colorless light of emptiness

the clean bat’s echoes
& canned green beans

in the silent now
I am



the only prune I need

inside of the dream:

with the help of the saints
I control the lake

the lake is the brain of the forest
I’m yelling

               I know of the trees here!

my loch lomond brain
my chicken instant



daily planet

fine silver
three nines fine

the solid eye to eh
the eh a little rabbit eh

I venture into echoes
I hear that rancid plow

the cricket is in tears
I vomit my corpuscles

milk you zone
great scott!



J. D. Nelson (b. 1971) experiments with words in his subterranean laboratory. His poetry has appeared in many small press publications, worldwide, since 2002. He is the author of several collections of poetry, including Cinderella City (The Red Ceilings Press, 2012). Nelson’s poem, “to mask a little bird” was nominated for Best of the Net in 2021. Visit MadVerse.com for more information and links to his published work. His haiku blog is at JDNelson.net. Nelson lives in Colorado, USA.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

1 Comments:

Blogger strider marcus jones said...

Superb poetry.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home