20230517

Marc Isaac Potter


William's Pizza

Let's have a heart for people with developmental disabilities. This document was written from the point of view of a main character who is mentally ill/.

I am supposed to tell you things before I start telling the story.

Perhaps this is madness gone mad. I heard that Shakespeare didn't like pizza that much.

Tell me a story about me attempting to open a metal can.

I don't know what year it is but I know it's not 1950 because I was born in 1950. I have something more severe than some of the famous actors who have ADHD and dyslexia.

Did you know that the invention of the can, the metal can, came from a contest that was put on by the French government? Once upon a time, I looked it up in Wikipedia.

People do not understand developmental disabilities but I'm gonna look up on the Internet if there are any famous people that had developed mental disabilities and others — a lot of people — that I've had mental illness.

I don't think you're gonna believe me that I have a developmental disability and that I have mental illness and that I have a heart condition and a lot of other things so many other things I can't even list them.

Yet this story is not a story it might be an essay it might be an essay story and it's already too long.

Very few people have a heart for those with developmental disabilities it's stability is it's just so much of a disability that most people don't wanna be around us.

I think I should put some kind of a story or a poem in here to make it more interesting.

One time in the past I wrote something like this pair of phrasing something like this: the chickadees outside my window want me to become their leader. OK, that sentence has to do with birds which is very poetic.

I looked up famous people with developmental disabilities and stabilities and it gave me people with ADHD and some other stuff like dyslexia which I don't think is as severe as what I have I have.

I live in a mobile home park and I'm in a wheelchair inside the mobile home park which is tricky because we have stairs and so my yard has a very long gently sloping ramp.

The ramp is green and sometimes I imagine that it's made from grass.

The chickadees seemed to love my yard. I put out birds seeds for them and the bigger birds try to eat it all up.

There's no point to this story it's not an intriguing story it's just a guy like me trying to do when I'm doing right here whatever that …



Marc Isaac Potter (we/they/them) is a differently-abled writer living in the SF Bay Area.

Marc’s interests include blogging by email, and Zen.

They have been published in Fiery Scribe Review, Feral A Journal of Poetry and Art, Poetic Sun Poetry, and Provenance Journal.

Twitter is @marcisaacpotter.
 
 
previous page     contents     next page
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home